Nutmeg essential oil has a warm, spicy aroma that is energizing and uplifting. Taken internally, it contains antioxidants, may support cognitive function and the immune system, and offers cleansing properties (1).
According to one study, nutmeg oil may help alleviate inflammatory joint pain and reduce swelling (2). When it’s used in small amounts when cooking or baking, nutmeg can help to aid digestion, ease pain, promote detoxification, boost cognitive function and regulating blood pressure levels (3).
YL Suggested Uses:
- Inhale or apply topically to the chest for an invigorating breathing experience
- Apply by massage topically to soothe muscles after activity
- Add to Thieves toothpaste or Thieves Mouthwash to freshen breath
- Apply diluted to abdomen and feet
YL Vitality Suggested Uses
- Dilute with a carrier oil in a vegetable capsule and take as a dietary supplement support cognitive function
- Place 1–2 drops into a smoothie or green drink to support a healthy immune system*
- Add Nutmeg Vitality to your favorite holiday baked goods
- Use it in savory dishes to subtly enhance and round out the flavor
- Dip a toothpick in the oil and swirl it through a glass of eggnog to enhance this sweet and spicy treat
- Natural Potpourri – Add a few drops of nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon to a mixture of dried flowers, wood shavings, and fruit pits.
- Pumpkin Spice Bar Soap (recipe makes 10)
- Melt 2 lb of melt & pour soap in a double boiler
- Mix in…
- 1/4 c coffee grounds
- 10 drops cinnamon oil (or 1 TBSP cinnamon spice)
- 10 drops nutmeg essential oil (or 1 TBSP nutmeg spice)
- 5 drops clove oil (or 1/2 TBSP clove spice)
- 5 drops all spice oil (or 1/2 TBSP allspice spice)
- *You can add more or less of any of these ingredients depending on how strong or mild you want the scene to be.
- Pour into soap molds and let set over night
Topical & Aromatic Directions:
- Topical: Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of V-6™ or olive oil and apply to desired area as needed.
- Aromatic: Diffuse up to 30 minutes 3 times daily.
If you would like to learn more, have any questions, or are interested in becoming a YL member please reach out to email@example.com.